Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My PC is not starting...

• Please log in to reply

Jashan

Jashan

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hi..Thanks for reading
My PC is giving me problems when i swith on power button all fans runs for 2-3 sec and keyboard lights up then everything dissapera!!!!
Sometimes pc runs for 5-6 secs then after making a noise i cant explain(i get this sound when my pc shuts down) everything again stops....My PC was also suffering from heat problems then i buyed new cup cooler it make it good....But now me having this prob..Me a COD 4 player and i miss 1 tournament match :) and our team lost :unsure::(....Plzz help me...

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts
Hi Jashan :)
Just checked your specs in your profile and I believe you have an idea of what may be the cause of the issue;

Non branded 450W PSU!!!

Jashan

Jashan

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh!! than power supply is causing problem..U sure that it is power supply error???

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,744 posts

oh!! than power supply is causing problem..U sure that it is power supply error???

A very strong possibility yes, the best course of action is for you to try a known
good power supply unit, can you borrow one from a friend? If not you will need to
have a tech test your PSU, some will do this for free others will not.
Check out the informative post by Digerati @ http://www.geekstogo...-a-psu-problem/
There is a very basic test you can do with the PSU but as PSUs put out different rates
of power +3.3V, +5V and +12V etc any one of these may be bad so the test is not conclusive.

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
While the PSU being underpowered is a definite possibility, what does the following mean?

My PC was also suffering from heat problems then i buyed new cup cooler it make it good

When was the last time all the fans were cleaned in the unit?
Are all the fans working?
Is the CPU fan working?