Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Presario F700 LCD Screen Wont Come On

• Please log in to reply

Hales Nelon

Hales Nelon

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My friend gave me his Presario F700 a few months back because it barely worked. I have done basic maintenance on the machine and it has been working alright up until a few days ago when it began to over heat often and the fan wasn't running well. I opened it up and cleaned the fan. When I closed it up and turned the laptop on, the screen wouldn't come on. I have checked multiple times to make sure I have put everything back into place properly, a few screws seem to fit tighter now, but other then that all cables are in place. I have tried hooking a monitor up to it as well and no signal makes it out. Also when I start it up it is really quiet, so I doubt the laptop is actually booting up, but the power light is on. I hate HP and this [bleep] machine, it has been nothing but trouble since I got it, and from what I have read it is like that for most people. I would toss it, but I can not afford a new one. If anyone has any tips on to what I could try please let me know. Thank you for your time and sorry for the long post.

Advertisements

Jacee

Jacee

Malware Expert

• Expert
  • 994 posts
  • MVP
The AC power adapter may be bad .... You can buy a new one and if that's not the problem, return it.