Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Microsoft Word Document

• Please log in to reply

Carin M

Carin M

• Pip
  • 6 posts
can I copy / paste or save a picture only from a microsoft word document to use for a website, it will allow me to copy/paste the text but not the image

Advertisements

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Carin M-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

What website are you tring to copy and paste to? Generally, you don't copy or save pictures in the way you save text- but more details should help answer your question. :unsure:

Carin M

Carin M

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi underscor3,

Thanks for the reply, I manage allaboutroboticsurgery.com and needed to add a patient testimonial, sent to me as a word document with a picture on the document but I don't know how to take the picture from it to add with the text, unless there is some way to convert the document? Usually people will send me their picture in .jpeg format

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
You can right-click on the picture in the word doc and select copy, then open up paint (go to Start > All Programs > Accessories > Paint) and press CTRL+V to paste the image. From here you can save it as a JPEG file.

If you're having trouble, upload the word document and I'll grab it for you. :)

Carin M

Carin M

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Thanks for your help.....she already send me her .jpeg but I tried anyway and for some reason it will not let me right click on the picture only the text, maybe I have a outdated version of Microsoft word, I'll look into that

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
What version do you have? The latest edition is Office 2010.

Carin M

Carin M

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
I'm embarrased to say it's 2003, is there a newer version that I don't have to buy?

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
You can always use Open Office, which is free, but I like 03. I use it myself, and I haven't had any problems copying images embedded into word documents.

I'm not sure what else to try, but again, if you'd like to upload the document, I would be happy to get the picture for you.

Carin M

Carin M

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Yeah, yesterday I downloaded open office and I still can't figure out how to save the image although it lets me select it so that's a step in the right direction, anyway it would be nice to know if the image can be saved out of word document, just in case I need to do it in the future....Well now I'm not permitted to attach the file

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
Once it's selected, can you right-click on it and selected "copy"?

Carin M

Carin M

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
No, don't worry about it really, I already uninstalled the program, it was huge and slowing down my computer, thanks for all your help, if I need help in the future with something else I know who to ask.....