Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blinking Cursor- Help

• Please log in to reply

ChubbyBunny56

ChubbyBunny56

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey everybody. Well I've had my Acer Aspire One (laptop) for about a year now. I don't usually download malIcious hardware and such, but I have gotten a virus before. It was called XP Home Security, and it was a fake scanner. I never really deleted this problem though.
Anyway, now, when I turn on my laptop, the usual black and white home screen pops up for about a second. Then I'm brought to this non ending black screen, with a blinking white underscore. I know how to get to safemode though, tapping the F8, but now when I do this, a very high pitched squeaking noise pops up.
Please, I really need help. I need my laptop for school but I can't use it anymore.

(P.S
If you were to help me, please put everything in detail and easy-to-use. I am only 13 but I know quite a bit. Much is appreciated.)

Advertisements

underscor3

underscor3

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
ChubbyBunny56-

Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go! :)

Since you say you've had a virus before and never really cleaned it out, I suggest posting a new thread on the Virus, Spyware and Trojan Removal Forums. Also, be sure to check this topic before you make a new post. It will help our volunteers assist you as quickly and efficiently as possible.