Both of PC's DVD Drives are not recognized/working
Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:50 AM
Posted 21 June 2011 - 10:28 AM
Some suggestions for you below;
1. Uninstall the drive through Device Manager.
Restart computer. The drive will be automatically reinstalled.
3. Download, and run Restore Missing CD Drive patch http://aumha.org/regfiles.php#misc
Double click on cdgone.zip to unzip it.
Right click on cdgone.reg, click Merge.
Accept registry merge.
4. Go to Device Manager, click a "+" sign next to IDE ATA/ATAPI Controllers.
You'll see two items:
- ATA Channel0 (or Primary Channel)
- ATA Channel1 (or Secondary Channel)
Right click on each of them, and click Uninstall. Confirm.
Restart Windows. They'll be automatically reinstalled.
Thanks to Broni for the above instructions
Hopefully one of the above will resolve the issue and let us know how it works out.
Posted 29 June 2011 - 02:11 PM
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users