Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

cannot click on page links

• Please log in to reply

joanh

joanh

• Pip
  • 5 posts
I was infected with windows xp recovery and I managed to get almost everything back except now I cannot open any links. It effects every link I may have closed something down by following advise and I cannot remember what I did. I would be grateful for any help

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Hello and welcome to GeekstoGo

There is only one course of action to take.
Please look at this link and follow carefully the advice in the link.
http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/

If you do post in the Malware forum, which is the only place that Malware advice can be given please be patient as they are very busy.
Good luck with it.

joanh

joanh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
I did the OTL by oldtimer and hope I can send a copy thanks for your help.Attached File  OTL.Txt   2bytes   115 downloads

joanh

joanh

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thank you so much for your help I also dont get any sound anymore my son had a look inside everything is connected he said there is sound there as there is static but although he checked if sound was on mute he could not help I am a pensioner who is trying to learn as much as I can and I now know the dangers on line.

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
Sorry, but you have NOT followed the instructions in the link.
You post that in the Malware forum NOT here.
However DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT, it is of no consequence.
Please go back to the link I provided and follow the instructions.
When you do post in Malware, please do not post the log, as a document that needs to be opened. Folow the instructions please and post it as directed.
As an aside there is NOTHING there it is 2 bytes

Edited by Macboatmaster, 23 June 2011 - 07:35 PM.