My issue is not with the virus/trojan, but with Malwarebytes.
We updated it to remove the nasty lil bug, and while it did the trick (and exceptionally well!), we encountered a problem with it's newest feature - the IP blocker.
In my efforts to update the computer in question's Windows Security Center (which hadn't been updated in quite a bit), Malwarebytes chirped up a few dozen times, blocking IP addresses like it was going out of style.
Computer runs Windows XP, service pack 3, 80 gig hard drive, 2.2ghz processor, 1 gig ram. any more info should be capable of being acquired shortly.
Three IPs came up most often: 184.108.40.206, 220.127.116.11, 18.104.22.168, all labeled 'incoming'.
When unblocked, WSC would download updates. When blocked, the updates stalled. (and before you mention it, yes - I posted a possible false positive report on Malwarebytes' forum)
I was wondering if anyone might know anything more on this - if they've experienced it themselves, if it's an XP issue, and is not found in others, or if it might be another nasty bug I need to go hunting for.
Any insight would be helpful. Again, I'll be able to post a log in two or three days, when I next get access to this computer. I didn't think of it when I was cleaning the virus off, sadly.
Edited by ArcherJP, 22 June 2011 - 09:12 AM.