Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Hard Drive ATA to SATA

• Please log in to reply

Pasquali

Pasquali

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello and thanks in advance

I've been doing as much as I can to get the best bang for the buck in upgrading my computer to run its fastest. Currently I have an Ultra ATA/100 hard drive connected, and want to use a SATA hard drive. The connectors on my motherboard are not compatible with a SATA hard drive and I would like to make it compatable.

I know there are cards you can buy that go into your PCI slots that allow SATA hard drives to be used. Can I combine the use of ATA with SATA without any complications? I would like to keep my old Western Digital as the main hard drive, and use a Western Digital Raptor 10,000 rpm (SATA) as the slave to run my games and simulations on. What suggestions could you make on what the best card, and or solutions would be to allow this to happen.

Larry

Advertisements