Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

New HD- Internal Error 9 - Hardware unsupported

• Please log in to reply

ssuuee

ssuuee

• Pip
  • 8 posts
I have a Gateway GT54311E - I installed a new 500gb hard drive. I have got Windows XP reloaded and all updates complete. Since the time I first booted the PC up with the new HD I am getting an error "Internal Error 9 - Hardware Unsupported. It still boots up fine and I get no other problems. Anyn idea how to get rid of the error. It is running Intel Matrix Storage Manager. This error appears directly after the storage manager loads. I have also checked into the possibility that the storage manager needs to be updated. But it tells me the newest update is the same as the one I am currently running.

Any help would be great.

Sue

Advertisements

Alzeimer

Alzeimer

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,330 posts
Have you checked if your Raid Drivers are up to date to run the Intel Matrix Storage Manager

ssuuee

ssuuee

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Will check and post more regarding the RAID drivers.