Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Disconnecting frequently, but can still receive information

• Please log in to reply

bobby80

bobby80

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello, I have been having a problem for a while now that i did not understand. I notice it mostly in a certain game i play, runescape. however it happens everywhere. Every so often(i would estimate every few hours) my internet connection appears to be disconnecting, yet i am still able to receive information.

what i mean is, i can read any chat that is happening and my character will still be attacked and i am unable to respond. i am essentially logged into the game, able to see everything that is happening, but i cannot make any actions. i have tested this before with a friend and he was chatting to me in real time as this disconnection was happening, so i know it is not lag. this tends to last for anywhere from 1-5 minutes before it stops and i can use the internet again without interruption.

it is not just happening on runescape, and is not just happening on java based games. i just used it as an example to try to illustrate what the problem is.

i have looked around on the internet for an answer, but the few people i found with a similar problem did not get an answer. does anyone know what this problem is and how i can fix it? i am assuming it is some sort of interference problem, i just do not have any idea what it could be.

thank you if you can help.

Advertisements