Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help me remove bloatware from my HP and make my pc more robust.

• Please log in to reply

SA8m

SA8m

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Can anyone help me? I've already removed a lot of the useless startups, but I'm not sure which programs are okay to remove and which are not when it comes to bloatware.

I just want to make it more robust.

Also CCleaner rports there are a lot of problems with the registry, but Im not sure what to do.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello

So far do not touch the registry with a 10 foot pole unless you are 110% sure you are know what you are doing. One person I know decided to delve right into the registry and his mouse, keyboard and other equipment stopped working. He also couldn't boot off a normal cd and his hard drive had to be wiped using another method. What I suggest is for you to tell us which programs you have and we will suggest ones for removal. While you are here why not get a malware check? its free so nothing to lose. Please see post below.

Your computer can become slow for many reasons, one of which can be malware so I would like you to get a quick check for malware over at our malware removal forum. I reccomend that you read the following topic here and then post your problem here.

Thanks

Edited by wizzy2k5, 23 June 2011 - 11:21 AM.

rockmilk

rockmilk

Certified monkey.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,773 posts
Open ccleaner then

Hit the tools>startup>Save to text file Copy and paste that info for me in your next reply

Also here is a defragger which is great.
http://download.cnet...5f536376c9dc75d