Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't DL Torrents, Stream Videos or Play Flash

• Please log in to reply

Munchman1984

Munchman1984

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Edit: Just realized that this is in the wrong section, as stated below I so rarely ask for help I didn't notice that there was a section for internet problems, please forgive my ignorance.

Okay I rarely post help on forums and such as I usually either figure out my own problems or I find a work around but this is something that has me completely stumped.

Okay I'm on a 100gb internet plan that resets on the 24th of each month, (BTW I'm in Australia and it is 3:47am on the 24th), I used my 100 gb last month through a series of torrenting and downloading PS3 Welcome Back games and E3 videos, so have been shaped for last 10 days or so I've been forced to very slowly download anything I've wanted to watch or play online, the point of all this is that up until yesterday everything was okay until the internet reset.

I firstly tried to view some streaming sites I subscribe too but it just shows the Spinning Stream Loading Logo and never starts, I figured maybe they were doing maintenance or something, then I tried to download a Torrent, I clicked on the Torrent Link and Firefox shows the Spinning Green Circle as if it is loading but nothing happens, this started raising alarm bells, then I tried to play some flash games, this is where it got really weird, if I try to replay a game I played in the last week or so everything is fine, but if I try to load content I either haven't loaded before or have started to load but abandoned (that is it was too slow due to being shaped so I gave up before it reached 100%) it does nothing and right clicking displays "Movie not loaded" grayed out, which usually only appears if the media has been deleted or blocked.

Now we get the strangest parts, Youtube seems to work fine but Veoh does not, now my first thought was Firefox must be on the fritz so did the obvious thing changed to IE (dunno version) with no change, okay must be Flash I thought, did update no success, then I did the thing that has caused the most baffelment in this whole affair, I grabbed my notebook which I haven't used in about a month (in fact when I fired it up it had L.A. Noire walkthough on it and played that for a week and haven't played since) so should have all settings from when everything worked, but it has the same problems as my desktop, my only theory is that something is going on with my ISP but I can't figure out how, I did read that ISPs can stop torrents but all the torrents still in uTorrent are working fine, and it doesn't explain the flash problems, please if anyone has any thoughts, ideas or fixes please help.

From Munchman1984

P.S. Sorry for the long windedness but I figure the more you know hopefully the better you can help me.

P.S.S Just to clarify when I go to a torrent site (in this case pirate bay) when I click on the link to download torrent and it should then bring up the pop-up asking whether to save or open it the pop-up never appears it just goes into an infinite load.

Edited by Munchman1984, 23 June 2011 - 12:51 PM.

Advertisements

wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

Member 1K

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,057 posts
Hello Munchman1984 and welcome to Geeks To Go.

Sorry we do not assist with torrents or P2P clients here except for their removal. Quote from the terms of use.

3. Geeks to Go Support Forum Rules, Policies and Disclaimers

[b]q[/b]. We will not support or allow the discussion of any peer to peer (P2P) applications, except for their removal.

Please read the terms of use

Regards

Munchman1984

Munchman1984

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
To wizzy2k5.

I understand your concerns, I use uTorrent to acquire back ups of Content I already own, I understand it still supports piracy in essence but I have not a great deal of knowledge on how to rip and encode video for myself, and my past attempts have been unsuccessful, so I download torrents instead.

However it seems the problem has resolved itself, my internet is working properly again, it was so type of problem with the Tower that supports my Wireless, not sure how I was able to post on sites like your own but was unable to stream video or load flash content but just hope it won't happen again.

From Munchman.