Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Problem with downloading documents from Hotmail

• Please log in to reply

jymbo22

jymbo22

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi All
I often get documents sent to me from my employer via Hotmail which I used to be able to open. However since my computer has returned from a local shop after having a new mother board fitted it seems to have a problem with the Hotmail format or something. Hotmail works fine but when I try to open documents sent to me it will let me see most documents but the letters and words are all over the place. So nothing can be printed out! When I click on the tab that says "download" it opens the normal "File Dowload" box. Then when I click on the "open" an other box comes up which says "Internet Explorer Security" at the top. This box also tells me "A website wants to open web content using this program on your computer". Underneath that it tells me the "Name: Microsoft Open XML converter. Publisher: Microsoft Corporation". It also has "allow" or "dont allow" buttons at the bottom of the box.
I have installed Microsoft Office 2010 (complete version) since it returned from the shop but have noticed that documents want to open in WordPad. Could this be the problem and if so how can I fix it??
I would be grateful for any help. Thanks in advance.
Ian

Advertisements

Boltskull

Boltskull

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
You have to click allow and it should open.