Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Blue screen TCPIP.SYS error

• Please log in to reply

cmj321

cmj321

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am getting frequent blue screen errors. The last two had TCPIP.SYS identified as the error. I have attached the last 4 recent minidumps. I can't figure out what to use to read them myself. Do you have any idea what the problem might be?

Attached Files

Advertisements

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
Give BlueScreenView v1.35 - View BSOD (blue screen) crash information stored in dump files a try.

Ztruker

Ztruker

Member 5k

• Technician
  • 7,091 posts
The mini dumps all indicate bckd.sys as the culprit. The only info I can find is here:

Related to bckd.sys Related to Blue Coat Systems, Inc.

Blue Coat System is here: http://www.bluecoat.com/

If this doesn't look/sound familiar then I would post in our malware forum and let them take a look at your computer. Come back here when you get a clean bill of health if you still have a problem.

cmj321

cmj321

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I bet that's it. I'll try uninstalling it and see what happens. Thanks!