Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

rootkit tdss.tdl4

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Aaron

Aaron

GeekU Mod

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,155 posts
Ok, I'll post ASAP. Maybe you can, just to be safe, backup your most important data meanwhile.

Advertisements

Aaron

Aaron

GeekU Mod

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,155 posts
Let's try this :). You will need your Windows XP cd for this.

• Put the Windows XP cd in your computer and restart.
  • Press a key when you are prompted.
    Note: If Windows loads automatically, you will first have to enter the BIOS setup and change the order of the boot devices to start with the CD drive.
  • Once the setup loads, you will see the option to press R to repair a Windows installation.
  • Once the Recovery Console loads up, you will have to type in a number that corresponds to your Windows installation. This is normally just 1. Press Enter and then type in the Administrator password (just enter if you don't have one).
  • Now at the prompt, type in bootcfg /Rebuild and [enter].
  • Type exit to shutdown your computer.

Now, try a repair install again. For more information see: http://www.geekstogo...ir-windows-xp/.

bleew

bleew

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I think I should go with a repair install. Doing a repair install should resolve the issue.

Thanks again, for all your help. :)

Aaron

Aaron

GeekU Mod

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,155 posts
Did it help anything? :)

bleew

bleew

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Yes, It sure did. Problem solved.
Thanks again. :)

Edited by bleew, 05 July 2011 - 09:45 AM.

Aaron

Aaron

GeekU Mod

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,155 posts
There will probably still be malware on your computer, do you want me to help you clean it?

Aaron

Aaron

GeekU Mod

• GeekU Moderator
  • 3,155 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.