Posted 30 June 2011 - 02:51 AM
Posted 30 June 2011 - 04:45 AM
- Put the Windows XP cd in your computer and restart.
- Press a key when you are prompted.
Note: If Windows loads automatically, you will first have to enter the BIOS setup and change the order of the boot devices to start with the CD drive.
- Once the setup loads, you will see the option to press R to repair a Windows installation.
- Once the Recovery Console loads up, you will have to type in a number that corresponds to your Windows installation. This is normally just 1. Press Enter and then type in the Administrator password (just enter if you don't have one).
- Now at the prompt, type in bootcfg /Rebuild and [enter].
- Type exit to shutdown your computer.
Now, try a repair install again. For more information see: http://www.geekstogo...ir-windows-xp/.
Posted 02 July 2011 - 01:32 AM
Thanks again, for all your help.
Posted 05 July 2011 - 05:36 AM
Edited by bleew, 05 July 2011 - 09:45 AM.
Posted 07 July 2011 - 03:47 AM
Posted 10 July 2011 - 09:52 AM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users