Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How do i make Windows 7 computer show up as a computer on my Xbox?

• Please log in to reply

dante4478

dante4478

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I am running windows7 Home Premium and i can't get it to connect to my Xbox. i can connect to my media center from my xbox but i am unable to play music or videos outside of media center and my computer doesn't show up under the available computers list. Any help?

Advertisements

Boltskull

Boltskull

• PipPip
  • 24 posts
First go to start and click Control Panel.
After that you should click Network and Internet.
Then click Network and Sharing Center
After that click Change advanced sharing settings.
Turn all those on.
Tell me if it worked or not in your next post.

dante4478

dante4478

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
its all working now, i spent about 45 minutes messing with stuff in windows media player and found the media sharing tab, it has definitely since windows XP

JSchierme

JSchierme

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Go to Windows Media Player in the setting turn on Media Sharing then turn on your xbox and they will find each other on the network then in Windows Media player your xbox will show and accept sharing with it.