Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vista Home Basic - No Clue What I Did

• Please log in to reply

Bibliomaniac

Bibliomaniac

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Alright, so after spending about three days, and four sleepless nights working on this issue, I have decided to ask for help. :)

I play World of Warcraft. When I first got the game, my computer worked fine. I could download Curse Client, use all the addons, have vent, play full screen, have the graphics setting on good, and use sound.

This is not the case anymore.

Last November my computer started messing up. It started freezing, and working slower. My game would freeze constantly and it took my hours to get from one area of my game to another. So I started to uninstall other programs on my computer. The first to go was Curse, Then uTorrent, Photoshop, WinZip, Adobe Reader, Mozilla Firefox, Microsoft Office, and just about anything else that was not needed. My computer still froze and worked slow.

I called Blizzard and asked them if maybe it was my game. I was told that as the game updates, it takes more space up on my computer. So I was shown how to change my game properties so that it was windowed, played no sound, and had the lowest possible graphics.

Still did not get better.

So I uninstalled World of Warcraft and ran a virus scan. It came back with, like, 8000 infected files and a bunch of viruses. So I did a whole bunch of stuff that hasn't helped.

I have system restored, ran AVG, cleared disk space, ran disk defragmenter, ran PC Tune up, and nothing has helped. In fact, last night the computer crashed repeatedly. I turned it off and left it for today.

So... any thoughts?

Advertisements