Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Vcsvad.sys

• Please log in to reply

gTz

gTz

• Pip
  • 9 posts
Hello, I've been searching for a sulotion for a year now. There is nothing on google, nothing on torrents, nothing from my friends. Today I came to find this website, and I'm trying my luck here.
My headset doesn't work(jacks), but speakers and webcam(USB) do work. I have bought 4 diffrent headsets(Acme,canyon) and none worked. I found that my sound driver is outdated and I need a new one.
When I tried installing it, all I needed left was Vcsvad.sys , but I DO NOT have it, and that is the problem. I tried using Run --> DxDiag. Testing stuff there, but everything seems fine.
If any of you know what's the problem, please reply here. I really need my headset working.

Advertisements

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
Hi gTz :)
You need to provide information about your computer, this includes is it
a laptop or desktop, is it a custom build or brand name such as Dell or HP
and if it is provide the model name or series number.
Uninstalling and reinstalling the device and the drivers may solve this,
provide the requested information and we will attempt to find the correct
drivers for you.

gTz

gTz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Desktop.
Here is all the information you need to know.
Posted Image

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok desktop from what I can find but what OS are you using?
The drivers will have to match the OS you are using.
Please Go to

1: START and the click on RUN
2: Type in devmgmt.msc
3: Click Enter

To do a screenshot please have click on your Print Screen on your keyboard. It is normally the key above your number pad between the F12 key and the Scroll Lock key
Now go to Start and then to All Programs
Scroll to Accessories and then click on Paint
In the Empty White Area click and hold the CTRL key and then click the V
Go to the File option at the top and click on Save as
Save as file type JPEG and save it to your Desktop

Attach it to your next reply

All original drivers are located HERE on Intel's site.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Vcsvad.sys with description Avnex Ltd. Virtual Audio Device (WDM) is a driver file from company Avnex belonging to product Avnex Ltd. Virtual Audio Device (WDM).
In total there are 1 launchpoints for this file .
There are 2 different variations of the file in our database and the file is digitally signed from AVnex Ltd. - VeriSign Time Stamping Services Signer - G2
We do not recommend removing digitally signed files from AVnex Ltd.

phillpower2

phillpower2

Mechanised Mod

• Global Moderator
  • 24,749 posts
In addition to what Ron has suggested another option available @ http://www.intel.com.../support/detect

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Good link Phill. It will probably help more then mine since it will automatically find the drivers out of date and suggest the updated driver for gTz

gTz

gTz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Rshaffer -
Uhh, my profile. Windows XP 2002 professional Service pack 3.

Only Avnex has a warning sign. And I need vcsvad.sys to install Avnex, all other files are there.

Phil - Intel says all of my drivers are current.

Edited by gTz, 26 June 2011 - 07:59 AM.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Rshaffer -
Uhh, my profile. Windows XP 2002 professional Service pack 3.

We depend on your posts to determine the steps to take. Though the profile is helpful asking directly gets the information we specifically need to come up with a course of action.

Go Start and then to Run ("Start Search" in Vista),
Type in: sfc /scannow
Click OK (Enter in Vista).
Have Windows CD/DVD handy.
If System File Checker (sfc) finds any errors, it may ask you for the CD/DVD.
If sfc does not find any errors in Windows XP, it will simply quit, without any message.
In Vista you will receive the following message: "Windows resource protection did not find any integrity violations".

For Vista users ONLY: Navigate to C:\Windows\Logs\CBS folder. You'll see CBS.log file.
Usually, it's pretty big file, so upload it to Flyupload, and post download link.

If you don't have Windows CD....
This applies mostly to Windows XP, since Vista rarely requires use of its DVD while running "sfc"
Note This method will not necessarily work as well, as when using Windows CD, because not always ALL system files are backed up on your hard drive. Also, backed up files may be corrupted as well.

Go Start and then Run
type in regedit and click OK

Navigate to the following key:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup

You will see various entries Values on the right hand side.

The one we want is called: SourcePath

It probably has an entry pointing to your CD-ROM drive, usually D and that is why it is asking for the XP CD.
All we need to do is change it to: C:
Now, double click the SourcePatch setting and a new box will pop up.
Change the drive letter from your CD drive to your root drive, usually C:
Close Registry Editor.

Now restart your computer and try sfc /scannow again!

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

Revised and Simplified:

Do you have a valid XP CD?

If so, place it in your CD ROM drive and follow the instructions below:
  • Click on Start and select Run... type sfc /scannow (note the space) (Let this run undisturbed until the window with the blue progress bar goes away)

SFC
- Which stands for System File Checker,
retrieves the correct version of the file from %Systemroot%\System32\Dllcache or the Windows installation source files, and then replaces the incorrect file.
If you want to see what was replaced, right-click My Computer and click on Manage. In the new window that appears, expand the Event Viewer (by clicking on the + symbol next to it) and then click on System.

gTz

gTz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Rshaffer - that did not work. E:\ on my computer is DVD-Ram Drive. I have tried changing it to C:\ and D:\ while restarting my computer 2 times. It still asks me for my XP disc. (which I do not have)

Advertisements

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Ok so you have the XP disk correct.?
Lets try a Repair Installation and that should replace the missing file for you.
What I would suggest you do is to Backup your Data Files.
For this I would suggest using a External Hard Drive Enclosure. This will allow you to keep your Important Data safe and Separated from the main system in case of problems. The cost for this kind of Backup System has come down a lot. I would suggest a 500 Gig capacity for your needs. Since you will only be Backing Up Data Files Only this should be sufficient to do that for you. Follow the next two links to see examples of the price you will be looking at.
HERE
HERE

I suggest going to Microsofts Backup Tutorial and follow the steps to do a Backup to a External Drive and also it will guide you on how to do a Scheduled Backup even at night.

Another way you can do a Backup is by using DVD’s. This method is just as effective and can be done using the same steps as above.

After the above is done then go on to the next step.

Repair Installation Instructions

· Insert your Windows XP CD in your CD-ROM and then Restart your computer.

· At the first post screen start tapping the Del key to enter System Bios
· Find the Advance Options or Boot Sequence screen.
· You will need to change the boot sequence so that the CDrom is first and the HD is second.
· Press F10 to Save and Exit and then press Enter to accept.
· The system will now reboot
· When the "Press any key to boot from CD" message is displayed on your screen, press a key to start your computer from the Windows XP CD.
· When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER
· To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.
· At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. DO NOT SELECT THIS OPTION.

· On the Windows XP Licensing Agreement screen, press F8 to agree to the license agreement.
· Make sure that your current installation of Windows XP is selected and highlighted in the box, and then press the R key to repair Windows XP.
· Follow the instructions on the screen to complete Setup.

You can also go HERE
to read a step by step tutorial with screenshots.

gTz

gTz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
I DO NOT HAVE AN XP DISC.

I'm sorry if I didn't make it clear enough.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
IS this a name brand system or a custom build?

gTz

gTz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
Name brand system.

Operating system: MS Windows XP professional (5.1.2600 Service pack 3)
Windows folder: C:\Windows

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Name brand system.

Dell, Compaq, HP. Acer, Asus :)

Operating system: MS Windows XP professional (5.1.2600 Service pack 3)
Windows folder: C:\Windows

This is irrelevant right now as if this is a name brand as I mentioned above the OS disk is different then what would be on my system even though we both use XP.