Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

VISTA WONT BOOT PROPERLY.

• Please log in to reply

hellyeaah

hellyeaah

• Pip
  • 2 posts
so one day my pc froze and I turned it off with the power on/off button, than i tried to turn it back on, but it wont properly start. there`s the first image that says HP events or smth, than a black screen with a white '' - '' glowing on the edge of the screen. Btw i`ve tried booting it from a cd and usb flash - nothing.

- Ive got an HP pavillion dv2000

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
Can you get a bios screen by hitting the F1 key when booting up? If you can the likely thing is the hard drive has gone south. Since you can see a hp screen it sound like the basic hardware is working and you have graphics capabilities. Next thing is to test the HD. I usually pull the drive out and hook it to another desktop computer with a sata cable to see if the computer can even see the drive.

SRX660

hellyeaah

hellyeaah

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
well i made a bootable usb flash with vista recovery cd, but start up repair could fix my problem and when i tried to re-install vista an error showed up. :) :yes: :) :unsure: