Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problems with using Avira without broadband

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Penny Elliott

Penny Elliott

• PipPip
  • 14 posts
Hello,
I would like to know if anyone else has had this problem with Avira in Tanzania. There are a few problems.
1) when the programme is stopped even though you've updated the antivirus prog just yesterday. It takes ages to sort out and I don't have the luxury of time.
2) We have power cuts very often and I haven't got broadband so can't deal with the special offer window which pops up nad stops transmission of the update. (though not all the time.)
3) Many times once I've started to down load it fails to complete the process and then switches the programme off which takes ages and ages to then get it to open again.
Not all of us have the luxury of good broadband, up to date computers,or constant electricity. the Malwarebytes programme is great and that is easy to manage. Is it ok just to have that programme and dispose of the others?
4) I have not found it easy to know how to use it to it's maximum and so it gets even more frustrating.
Would appreciate some sound advice.
thanks
Penny

Advertisements

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Hi and welcome to Geeks to Go. :)

When updating Avira you could instead manually update via downloading from here rather than relying on the inbuilt updater.

Or alternately consider using Microsoft Security Essentials instead. Which is lighter on overall System Resources and the actual bandwidth it uses.

Note: it is very important to use one(have installed) only of any type of Anti-Virus application whilst a machine is connected online for security reasons and this coupled with Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware will provide what is known as layered security.

Dakeyras

Dakeyras

Anti-Malware Mammoth

• Expert
  • 9,772 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.