Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Media players crashing, when starting a video.

• Please log in to reply

Meltac

Meltac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.

No valid crash dumps have been found on your computer

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Conclusion
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crash dumps are enabled but no valid crash dumps have been found. It may be that there are problems which prevent crash dumps from being written out. Check out the following article for possible causes: If crash dumps are not written out.

In case your computer does experience sudden reboots it is likely these are caused by malfunctioning hardware, power failure or a thermal issue. To troubleshoot a thermal issue, check the temperature using your BIOS setup program, check for dust in CPU and motherboard fans and if your computer is portable make sure it's located on a hard surface. Otherwise it's suggested you contact the support department of the manufacturer of your system or test your system with a memory test utility for further investigation.

Check out the following articles for more information: Troubleshooting sudden resets and shut downs.

Read the topic general suggestions for troubleshooting system crashes for more information.

Note that it's not always possible to state with certainty whether a reported driver is actually responsible for crashing your system or that the root cause is in another module. Nonetheless it's suggested you look for updates for the products that these drivers belong to and regularly visit Windows update or enable automatic updates for Windows. In case a piece of malfunctioning hardware is causing trouble, a search with Google on the bug check errors together with the model name and brand of your computer may help you investigate this further.

Advertisements

Meltac

Meltac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Run out of ideas?

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
Have you updated your video driver?

Meltac

Meltac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I already had the latest drivers.

Edited by Meltac, 19 July 2011 - 06:29 AM.

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
Try running Autoruns as admin, then disable (uncheck) all NVIDIA related services (do not delete them, just uncheck).
Reboot and try again.

Meltac

Meltac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Still nothing.

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
Please post another Autoruns log.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Please Run the PCPitstop.com OverDrive Full Tests as this may show something the other tests have not.

Here's how:

You must use your Internet Explorer for this procedure. (doesn't work so well in Firefox or others). If your machine is running Vista or Windows 7, you must Select IE to “Run as Administrator”. After completing PCPitstop OverDrive you can close your IE browser and re-open it Normally so that you are no longer running as administrator.

Go to: http://www.pcpitstop.com
Click on "Free Computer Check-up" listed below PC Pitstop OverDrive
In the User Login - Click on "Sign up FREE!"
You'll need to submit a valid email address and create your own password, then click - Create Account(button)

Now enter your email address and password to Log in, Select - Scan this system Now!(button)
You will then be asked to download an ActiveX component and allow it to install.
It is safe and does not compromise your privacy.
Follow the on-screen prompts to install the ActiveX and to allow the Full Tests to be run on your machine.

The Full Tests take about 2 1/2 - 3 minutes on most machines.
When complete, a Results - Summary - Recommended Fixes will be displayed.

Please post the URL internet address, from your Results, back here into this Topic Thread so that we can review the configuration and present performance levels of your machine.

Note: During the graphics 2D and graphics 3D testing, your screen will display some rapidly moving objects.
If you are sensitive to visual flashing, it may cause dizziness. Therefore, look away from the screen during that portion of the testing.

After reviewing the results we will be more informed and may be able to provide better recommendations for you to work towards improving your machine's performance.

While PCPitstop does offer a variety of Paid Products, the PCPitstop OverDrive testing is FREE. Please ignore the references to Paid Products. We prefer to provide manual solution instructions that you can apply directly to your machine.

Best Regards

Meltac

Meltac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Here you go.

http://www.pcpitstop...?conid=24466941

Attached Files

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Your Java is out of date.
Please download JavaRa from the link in my signature below to your desktop and unzip it to its own folder
  • * Run JavaRa.exe, pick the language of your choice and click Select. Then click Remove Older Versions.
    * Accept any prompts.
    * Open JavaRa.exe again and select Search For Updates.
    * Select Update Using Sun Java's Website then click Search and click on the Open Webpage button.
  • Download and install the latest Java Runtime Environment (JRE) version for your computer.

http://sourceforge.n...ft&words=javara

Java Download Link
http://www.java.com/...load/manual.jsp

What do you use Ccleaner for?

Advertisements

Meltac

Meltac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Java installed.

And Ccleaner is being used for some browser cleaning, and with other programs too.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
So you are not using it for registry cleaning I take it?
Have you tried installing something like VLC and see if the videos crash using it?

Meltac

Meltac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
I used to, until I actually found out that it was doing more bad then good. And I have VLC installed, and there are no problems using that one. The problems just is that I can't watch any of my Blu-Ray movies, because the media player I'm using for that is doing the same WMP.

devper94

devper94

• PipPipPip
  • 817 posts
In Post #1 he said that VLC won't crash :)
However, since this is a crash in D3D programs, not a Windows crash, I think a little violence won't hurt.

Don't do this if you are not sure.
Go to C:\Windows\system32 and rename nvd3dum.dll to nvd3dum.dll.bak (do not delete it).
You might want to start in Safe Mode if you get a permission deny.
If you still can't rename the file, start in Safe Mode with Command Prompt and type away: (press Enter after each line)
cd C:\Windows\system32
ren nvd3dum.dll nvd3dum.dll.bak
shutdown -r
Windows should restart.

If Windows breaks, restart in Safe Mode/Safe Mode with Command Prompt again. If you use Command Prompt type:
cd C:\Windows\system32
ren nvd3dum.dll.bak nvd3dum.dll
shutdown -r

Edit: VLC can read BD discs just fine.
Edit 2: well, it can, but only when the disc is not DRMed. If the disc is DRMed you probably need some tricks.

Edited by devper94, 19 July 2011 - 10:07 AM.

Meltac

Meltac

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
That didn't help either.. Hm, if I could get VLC to play my Blu-Ray movies, there really wouldn't be a problem anymore, but so far with all of the movies I've tried, VLC wouldn't play any of them.