Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor Issue

• Please log in to reply

TheMurph16

TheMurph16

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
Hello,

I have a 5 month old Acer P215HBbd computer monitor, and the weirdest thing is happening. If I turn my computer on the monitor won't come on, and the on light goes from yellow to blue like normal, but then starts flashing blue rapidly. If I unplug the monitor for awhile and then plug it back in, it works for 30 seconds and displays but then goes dark again and the light starts flashing again.

Any ideas? I'm assuming it is still under warranty, and I plan on checking with Acer tomorrow, but I'm still very curious as to what the problem may be, and if it is something easy to fix.

Thanks for any and all help.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
This could be a problem with the monitor not communicating with the graphics solution, or the graphics solution not communicating with the monitor. I would try another monitor, or this monitor on another computer and see if the problem stays with your monitor, or your computer.

TheMurph16

TheMurph16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts
Thanks for the reply Digerati. I tried connecting it to another computer and it still won't work. After useless discussions with Acer with suggestions such as, "make sure it is plugged in, make sure it is turned on, etc...," they decided that it worth looking at. Unfortunately they don't pay for the shipping of the product to them. $65.00 to send a 5 month old monitor for repair. Grrr.... :)

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Well, hopefully they pay shipping back. Too bad they don't have a local authorized warranty repair facility. $65 seems like a lot.

Asherr

Asherr

• PipPip
  • 11 posts
If it is in warranty then go for a new one. It would be better and you will have a new monitor.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

If it is in warranty then go for a new one. It would be better and you will have a new monitor.

When you send something back to the maker for repair, you don't get a choice - they will either fix yours, or send you a "refurbished" model. Only if they can do neither will they send you a new one.

IF purchased from a retail outlet, they may offer a 1 year return policy - worth checking into.

TheMurph16

TheMurph16

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Well, hopefully they pay shipping back. Too bad they don't have a local authorized warranty repair facility. $65 seems like a lot.

I checked, they don't pay shipping back. They will pay to send it back to you, but for you to get it to them it is your responsibility. I have found slightly cheaper shipping, between $30-$40, but I have yet to do it, because that is still steep. I have a hard time spending 30%-40% of the value of the product on shipping for a warranty repair. I'm hoping to find a local place that can take a look at it and see if that comes out cheaper, or heck even the same price.

When you send something back to the maker for repair, you don't get a choice - they will either fix yours, or send you a "refurbished" model. Only if they can do neither will they send you a new one.

IF purchased from a retail outlet, they may offer a 1 year return policy - worth checking into.

Now there is an idea... Hmmm.... It was purchased from WalMart.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts

Now there is an idea... Hmmm.... It was purchased from WalMart.

It may be worth checking in to as i have found Walmart's at least here really good about exchanging bad products for a year. You will have to have the original receipt to have them help you or a credit card receipt.

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 7 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.