Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

tivo lost connectivity after OS upgrade to Win7

• Please log in to reply

doharper

doharper

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I upgraded my OS from Windows XP Home to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit and the TIVO dvr on my network lost internet connectivity. The wired switch is Netgear FS605v2. Can't find the install disk and Netgear doesn't have any updates or other support. With this switch, Windows ipconfig doesn't see a default gateway but 2 other computers in different ports on the switch have no problem with internet connectivity. I've tried all of the reboots and resets I could find for each component. Strangely, the network light on the back of the TIVO dvr is lit, and the port light at the switch where the dvr is connected is lit, but the dvr reports no signal and will not let me into any of the menus to check or change settings at that end. I don't know at this point whether to blame the switch or the dvr. I'm willing to replace one or the other, but which?

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
You have installed the drivers for the network card, I take it?