Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Not responding erros and sluggish laptop

• Please log in to reply

ugrinwa

ugrinwa

• PipPip
  • 52 posts
Hi everyone,

My wife has a an ACER travelmate 4400 laptop that she uses only to check email and browse the occasional website. There is only 512 MB of RAM and it is running Windows XP Service Pack 3.

I've used this forum before to remove malware and spyware so I know that the system is looked after and maintained by myself on a regular basis.

We've never had issues of speed and so many non responsive messages as we are experiencing now. There have been no real clues of any infections like previous occasions that had me post on this forum but the PC does not feel healthy based on the symptoms I've outlined below.

1. Very long wait times to boot and shut down PC
2. Very long wait times for any programs to start (IE, Firefox)
3. When trying to scan system with MalwareBytes the program stops responding and scan never completes.
4. Avira also has non responsive issues.

Please help in bringing my laptop back to optimal performance.
I appreciate your response and support.

Uri

Advertisements