Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

yahoo rich email format

• Please log in to reply

lesslaw

lesslaw

• Pip
  • 2 posts
My rich yahoo email format has disappeared when I use IE9 to compose mail, but the rich format is working in my FF browser so I believe IE is the culprit somehow, not yahoo.. Any ideas how I can fix it? I have already tried to reset it.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi lesslaw,

Welcome to Geeks to go! :)

I see that you had posted the same thread concerning yahoo rich email format on 6/25/11 and got no response. Please accept my apologies. I'm sure this was not an over site on our members part, it may just have been that none of the members had the answer for you to solve this issue you are having. Anytime that you start a thread and get no answer, please start a new thread in our Waiting Room forum with a link to the thread in question and someone will come to your aid a bit quicker.

I'll bring that thread to the attention of one of the Admins/Mods to have it closed so you don't get and answer and have 2 different people trying to help you that could cause a conflict with directions that may be given.

Now as for your issue with Yahoo and IE9, I'm not sure this is what you'd like to do or not but reverting back to IE8 from IE9 solved all my issues with Yahoo. I couldn't find much information concerning this type of problem. I use Firefox 3.6.18 as my default browser anyway, so reverting for me was no big deal. Or you could just use FireFox as your default browser as well. It's up to you though.

To revert back to IE8 please follow these instructions:
Please note that the following instructions may differ some due to the Operating System that is installed.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to ask.

• Close all programs.
  • Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
  • Click Uninstall a Program under the Programs category
  • In the Tasks pane, click View installed updates.
  • In the list of installed updates, double-click Windows Internet Explorer 9.
  • In the Uninstall an update dialog box, click Yes.

Note If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or click Continue.
  • Follow the instructions to uninstall Internet Explorer 9.
  • When the uninstall program is finished, restart your computer.
  • After you restart your computer, open Internet Explorer.
  • Click About Internet Explorer on the Help menu. If Internet Explorer 8 appears in the About Internet Explorer dialog box, then you have successfully completed the uninstall.

Please keep me informed to your progress.

Donna :unsure:

Edited by DonnaB, 29 June 2011 - 07:24 PM.