Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Help pci!

• Please log in to reply

northennutta

northennutta

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey, i need major help....

;) Right my problem...i only have PCI slots...at least i think they cud be pcie...i bought a PNY vetro geforce pci graphics card and it dont work on my comp...no im thinkin it may be because its a PCI and i have a PCIe??? wud tht make sense or not....i dont have a clue if the card is broken or if the port is incorrect...im asuming broken...i deffinately dont have an AGP be4 anyone points tht one out which sux as i rli wana play some games...
not only this but any info on a good graphics card to play decent games on wud be appreciated or what to look out for as i dont have a clue about....well anything computery rli.... :tazz:

Any help wud be great cheers Tom

Advertisements

Virick214

Virick214

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
Secondly, you would be able to notice if the slot you are trying to put the card into is a PCI-E slot because the card would be to small for it and it would latch in. So you are probably right about the card being broken.

About the suggestions for the graphics card. First you need to let us know you PC's hardware specs and the price range that you are willing to spend for a graphics card. Then maybe we can help.

-Jakob*Post edited to remove rude commentary.*

Edited by ~Kat~, 17 August 2005 - 11:58 PM.

Virick214

Virick214

• PipPip
  • 62 posts
By the way this belongs on the Hardware, Components and Peripherals board Here

-Jakob