Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE BSOD - Window 7

• Please log in to reply

mangoesbananas

mangoesbananas

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Several years ago, you guys helped me with a huge problem with an XP computer, and I'm now hoping you can work your same magic with my current Win7 system!

Lately, the computer has been occasionally shutting down with a BSOD titled, "DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE".

I don't know if it's a coincidence, but the last two times this has happened have been exactly a week apart.

I've attached a zipped folder containing both minidump files (from the past two BSOD events), and also a .txt file with all my system info.

I'm curious to know if you might be able to help me fix whatever the issue is?

Many thanks for any help you can offer....

Attached Files

Advertisements

mangoesbananas

mangoesbananas

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts
P.S. - After running the Win 7 driver verifier, the computer had another BSOD, so I've attached a zipped folder containing the DRIVER_VERIFIED_DETECTION_VIOLATION minidump file. For whatever reason, it seems to point to a different violator than the previous two minidumps that I attached to my initial post here.

Thanks for any help you can be....!

Attached Files