Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Questions about hp h8xt series

• Please log in to reply

shapoopi

shapoopi

• Pip
  • 1 posts
So i'm in the market for decent desktop computer, with a reasonable price. At first i was leaning towards one of the new imacs but i've grown skeptical of that after talking with some friends about it. I've put together a desktop on hp's website and i'd like to know if anyone could provide feedback as to whether or not i'm getting enough bang for my bucks. I'm looking to run some fairly graphics intensive games (i.e. the witcher 2, crysis 2, fear 3), on relatively high settings, while maintaining good fps. However i won't be using this computer strictly for gaming. I admittedly know fairly little about pc specs so i figured i should try and get the opinion of an expert. here's the specs on the machine i've set up:

processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2600 quad-core processor with Turbo-Boost [up to 3.8GHz, 8MB cache]
memory: 8GB DDR3-1333MHz SDRAM [2 DIMMs
hard drive: 1.5TB 7200 rpm SATA 3Gb/s hard drive from 750GB
graphics card: 1GB DDR5 NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti [2 DVI, mini-HDMI. VGA adapter]
power supply: 460w
sound card: Beats Audio ™ -- integrated studio quality sound

It comes with a blu-ray player, 15-in-1 memory card reader, 2 USB 2.0 (front), audio, 2 USB (top rear-facing). i've also added a wireless n-lan card (1x1), a HP 2311x 23-inch LED monitor, and a logitech Z506 5.1 speaker system.

The price for all of this together without shipping is $1,437.75. So my question is, is this a reasonable price for all of this, and if so do you think it would satisfy my needs? I'm completely open to discussion, and i gladly welcome any and all input. Thank you!

Advertisements