Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PC Crashes during Windows update/ system restore

• Please log in to reply

normylad

normylad

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Every time my PC tries to install an update via Windows Update it turns off then turns back on again then goes to the 'do you want to start normaly safe mode' screen. This happens with EVERY update, either on automatic or manual install.I now have over 30 updates 'hidden' because they all crash my pc. I've also discovered that if I try to access System restore this also crashes the pc ! If I access 'System protection' at all...as soon as I click on it the pc turns off !! Also if I try to uninstall any programmes, using the uninstall progs facility in control panel, the pc turns off/on. I have run sfc/scannow, malwarebytes and done a cleanboot all with no success. I just tried to download and install 'Hijackthis' and this too causes my pc to switch off. Everything else on my pc works fine, it just seems to be windows update/system restore/progs uninstall.
I am not a computer tech so please try to keep it simple....I have contacted Microsoft support several times regarding these problems but to be honest I may as well talk to my cat.
Any suggestions please ?!

Advertisements