Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

System Administrator Issues / Program access

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

360nourishment

360nourishment

• PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Hello,

I recently have had problems accessing certain files / applications & uninstalling / installing programs on my computer. I have also received error messages that I am not authorized to access these programs because I am not recognized as an administrator on my computer. I attempted to take of the problem myself and changed the administration settings in safe mode for XP Home Edition in order to take ownerships of the folders I was having issues with. Bad idea, that only seemed to make things worse as I now have additional applications that I cannot log into.

In addition to the above problems, when I power on my computer, I receive a message "Cannot connect to all servers, check my computer to see the status of your servers" in my taskbar. I only started receiving this message when I changed the admin settings.

Please HELP! Thank you.

TB

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello 360nourishment:

Sorry to learn that you are having problems with your system. Please read and follow instructions in BEGIN HERE: Malware and Spyware Cleaning Guide

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
first try creating a new admin account...do you have the same problem with it

360nourishment

360nourishment

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 127 posts
Hi everyone

I am still having issues, so I think that I will wipe my computer clean and re-install the OS and drivers.

Thanks for the reply. You can close out this thread.

TB

happyrock

happyrock

Tech Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 9,285 posts
sorry we didn't get it figured out for you...
also thanks for letting us know