Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CLR20r3 a lot of things have stopped working

• Please log in to reply

jlaurann

jlaurann

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Ok so my dell dock, media center, data safe, support center,and GfxUI, all stopped working. At the startup of my computer I get a string of pop-ups saying that these things have stopped working and they all have the event name as CLR20r3. I've seen a lot of things about how to fix the popups when they occur individually but I haven't seen anywhere someone is saying that all of them have stopped working. I've had this computer for about a year now and have had a few issues with power, the last time I sent it in to dell they said that they would probably give me a new hardrive but they never did, when my computer restarts for any reason, it goes through startup repair, says that it can't fix whatever is not allowing it restart normally and then reboots and everything works normally and I'm able to get into my computer. I feel like my computer is dying and I have no idea what to do, I think my warranty ran out after the last time I sent it in.

Edited by jlaurann, 30 June 2011 - 06:16 AM.

Advertisements

jlaurann

jlaurann

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
It's pretty obnoxious, my support center is constantly reminding me that it isn't working with popups every 5-10 minutes. Is there ANYONE who has any idea what I can do to fix my computer?

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Hello jlaurann.... Welcome to
GeeksToGo, :)
:unsure: :yes:

I'm sorry to hear about your issue. We will try to help you resolve this as soon as possible.
  • Please understand we are all volunteers and we are not here all the time.
  • Sometimes it may be a extended amount of time to get back to you. If it has been
    more then 3 days please shoot me a PM and I will try to get back to you quickly
    then.
  • Please do the following and supply the requested information as needed. If you
    don't understand my instructions please ask and I will try to explain them
    clearer for you.
  • Do not attempt any steps unless instructed or ask before to
    make sure they will not cause any further issues.

First of all lets make sure we are not fighting a dying hard drive since that is a worry right now.
Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech....ay.cfm?ttid=287
Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.
Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.
If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.

NOTE. If your hard drive is made by Toshiba, try the Hitachi DFT CD Image version of the software

Thanks to Broni for the instructions

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Are you still having problems with your issue?
It has been 21 days since your last response and I was wondering if the issue has been resolved?
If so can you explain how it was resolved so others may be able to fix it if they have the same issue.
If not please let us know and we can continue with helping you to resolve the issue.