Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

linksys wireless g not working

• Please log in to reply

daizzle

daizzle

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hey, my shift key is kinda jammed so you are gonna need to work with me. so, im having a problem with my internet sharing, i have tried everything but nothing seems to be working. i am on a different computer right now, but the computer i am trying to connect has 2 nics running right now, one is integrated and the other was just installed, and the computer is still not finding the internet. I am not very good with this stuff, but the computer that i am trying to connect is running on AOL Dial up right now, i don't know if this would effect anything. I AM running on an adelphia cable modem thats connected to the router right now. IT works on one computer but the other that is running on aol doesn't seem to have any luck....

ANy help with this would be GREATLY appreciated, Thank you for your time.

Advertisements

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
So you have a cable connection or a dialup connection? Confused...

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz:

daizzle

daizzle

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh, sorry if that was extremely confusing...for right now, i am running on dial up.

but the only reason im on dial up at the moment is because, my cable isn't working...

and i dont understand because, i have it on a router and its working fine on one computer but on the other it isn't....would i have to setup a static ip or something??

-=jonnyrotten=-

-=jonnyrotten=-

Member 2k

• Retired Staff
  • 2,678 posts
Basically you would setup your first pc with the cable connection just how it is, and then you would connect the other computer to the second Network Card in the first pc with a "crossover" cable. Now this looks just like an ethernet cable, but the wires at one end are in a different order. You can get one of these at any computer store. If you don't have that then this will not work at all. Next after hooking that up you need to enable Internet Connection Sharing on the first computer and it will then be able to share the internet with the second computer. Now did you do any of these steps yet? If not then let me know and I can help you with the details.

-=jonnyrotten=- :tazz: