Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

windows mail blocking options

• Please log in to reply

ding dong

ding dong

• PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
I recently reported a scammer in Australia and told the scammer that I had reported them.

Since then they have not ceased to send me no less than 150 emails a day blocking up my online server mail box.

I have placed a message rule on the scammers email telling my WM to "do not download this email from server". This works as the emails dont come to my inbox but they do go to my servers online webmail box and clog it until I can get home to download them.

When I do start to download my mail, it takes ages and the box shows downloading window even though the messages dont come to me anymore. I know its the scammer mail being loaded.

I also keep getting messages from Virgin (my server) telling me my online inbox is full and I need to relieve it. I rang them and they said my online webmail doesnt have the facility to block emails from anyone. I could not belive this as they also said they could not block it?

My question is therefore, is there something I can do in WM to stop this - I'm really outa options.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi ding dong,

I recently reported a scammer in Australia and told the scammer that I had reported them.

Seems that telling the scammer that you reported them may have been a bad idea!

Who did you report the scam to? If you reported it to SCAMwatch contact them again and tell them that you are now being harassed. They may be able to do something for you.

Here's a link that may help you to block unwanted sender in your WM Program.

How to Block a Sender in Windows Live Mail or Outlook Express

If it is just one address that the sender uses then it should be easy, though spammers and scammers change their purported "address" with every message and you may have to block each and every address which is a very tedious process.

Here's another link that may help you. How to Block a Sender by Email Address in Windows Live Hotmail

Unfortunately you, may have to change your e-mail address.

For more information on how to block senders in your Windows Mail type How do I block a sender in Windows Mail into Google. There is a plethora of information to be found. If you need any more help, please don't hesitate to ask.

Other members may have ideas that will help as well so stay tuned.

Good Luck!

Donna :)

Edited by DonnaB, 30 June 2011 - 05:29 AM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Seems that telling the scammer that you reported them may have been a bad idea!

Yeah, it is not likely you told the spammer anything, except a good email address to add to his list.

Do you use a spam blocker?

ding dong

ding dong

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts
problem solved here;
http://www.emaildisc...ed=1#post524555

yeah, i shouldnt have told them...