First I ran my spyware programs (ad aware + trojan remover). I know that Aurora survives them but I wanted to get clean as possible first. Then before rebooting I went to C/Windows and found Nail.exe. Then I copied a random legitimate harmless exe file and renamed it Nail1.exe.
Then I renamed Nail.exe to Nailx.exe and very quickly renamed Nail1.exe to Nail.exe. I then deleted the Nailx.exe file.
It took a few tries as the malware replaces Nail.exe almost instantly if you try to remove it. I got it though after a couple of tries.
Aurora now doesn't work as it is trying to open a tiny harmless exe. But it thinks it is there and doesn't replace it..
Not perfect I know as it is still there but as a quick fix it has suited me.
We have a fine advise for this problem, it works just great. Please wait your turn. Most of the time there is more than just this infections
Edited by g2i2r4, 03 June 2005 - 05:09 AM.