Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Google Redirect & Now Blue Screen 0x0000007B Won't Boot

• Please log in to reply

morandaminds

morandaminds

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I have been working on a friend's system which starting with a google redirect and began hiding some of his files. There were no signs of a Rogue AV or anything like that. I thought, "this will be a breeze".

I first ran rkill to kill any processes currently running. rkill seemed to hang for 30 minutes or more and did not finish. I then decided to run a full scan with Malware Bytes which yielded a couple of entries, but nothing relative to a virus. I rebooted and the redirection continued.

I then proceeded to run a gamut of other programs to try and remove the redirection including combofix. Hitman Pro 3.5 came up with an MBR virus which it needed to remove on reboot. Upon reboot I was presented with a lovely blue screen with the following code 0x0000007B and no file specified. I also updated and ran Kaspersky Rescue Disk 10 on USB which came up with nothing. I am at a loss to say the least. Typically the combination of these programs will yield a clean system. Unfortunately not today. At the moment I am unable to boot into windows 7 under normal or safe mode. I ran Kaspersky a second time and still came up with nothing.

As you can tell I am in a bit of a pinch. This forum has always been an incredible resource for me and I would greatly appreciate any and all help you can provide.

Thanks in advance,
Dustin

sorry I am unable to attach logs.

Advertisements