Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please advise me

• Please log in to reply

shazeefa

shazeefa

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Hello, I am unsure if i am posting in the correct forum but i need to download some files from this 35Mb.com site and it tells me i need to install 35MB.com download applet. However my virus software gives me this error:
URL: http://static.35mb.c...et/applet_y.cab
C:\Documents and Settings\user\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\G5G9OFSJ\applet_y[1].cab
Trojan horse Downloader.Istbar.8.W

Everytime i try to install with the option of ignoring or moving to vault. Is there no way that i get the files to download ? that means i have to agree to install the trojan horse?? Please advise me. I do need the files but not at the risk of my pc.

Advertisements

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hi shazeefa

What are you trying to download? ;)

Take my word for it you do not want Istbar on your system. It spys on you and would cause a ton of popups. It is a registered security risk. See Symantec for more information. Even if you can use that information to disable Istbar you shouldn't use software bundled with garbage like that. And if you do disable it you most likely have violated the license of the software you're trying to use. You might even kill it meaning it will cease to work.

Whatever application you want there's bound to be a better program for it. Tell us what you want and maybe someone knows a cool free or otherwise replacement. :tazz:

You better hope you haven't already infected your computer, ;) read Read This and post a log here. We'll look over it and if you still have some kind of malware, we'll have you repost it in the malware forum and they'll help you clean up your system.

shazeefa

shazeefa

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thank you StarHawk. Its okay. I am going to follow instructions as you suggested to make sure my system is not infected.

Sincerely
Shazeefa