Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

help

• Please log in to reply

tickedoff

tickedoff

• PipPip
  • 17 posts
is there anyway i can find out who has hacked into my computer..or how can i catch him in there..cuz i know this guy is...can i catch him in there somehow ..like by his ip address or anything else.......ty.....ticked off

Advertisements

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
Hi tickedoff

Do you know what a port scanner is? If not see, Wikipedia Definition.

You are getting into a complicated subject and you probably need to be an advanced windows user to use that information or that kind of software.

One question why do you think you're system is being hacked into? It may just be a malware infection that standard tools here can deal with. I'd at least post a Hijack This log so that possibily can be ruled out. Follow the advice Here and post a log. Since hackers also use the same kind of tools as malware the HJT log may even solve that problem if it's for real.

Another idea tell your ISP of the problem if your HJT log doesn't show anything and you have real concerns. Another is to download Processes Explorerand use it to keep an eye on all background processes.

And a few question:
are you using win XP? what kind of internet access do you have? Do you use a router or a firewall? I think XP has a built in firewall is that what you use?

Edited by StarHawk, 30 May 2005 - 06:58 PM.

tickedoff

tickedoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Do you know what a port scanner is? If not see, Wikipedia Definition.

You are getting into a complicated subject and you probably need to be an advanced windows user to use that information or that kind of software.

One question why do you think you're system is being hacked into? It may just be a malware infection that standard tools here can deal with. I'd at least post a Hijack This log so that possibily can be ruled out. Follow the advice Here and post a log. Since hackers also use the same kind of tools as malware the HJT log may even solve that problem if it's for real.

View Post

thanks for ur input....i appreciate it....but guess what ....i don't know how to hijack this log...but ty....for answering me........ticked off

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
All you need to do is read the directions here http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html and follow them step by step.

tickedoff

tickedoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

All you need to do is read the directions here http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html and follow them step by step.

View Post

say ....can i email u something...to ur yahoo email...and u tell me what u think about it ...plz...........ticked off.......ty ill wait for ur answer

StarHawk

StarHawk

• PipPipPip
  • 189 posts
I'll look at it. what exactly are ya talking about? What kind of file?

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
Hi tickedoff,
I would recommend posting a HJT log in the Malware forum, You have been given this advise now by 3 staff members myself included,

In the passed week you have posted many topics relating to an issue that most of us believe is malware related,

Take the advise given here http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

If you can't run any scan with Ad-aware or Spybot as stated in another post by you, download and run a scan with HJT and post it please,

We perfer to have you post your issue in the forums and not e-mailing members of the staff files to look at,

Cause I'll tell you I would never open a file e-mailed to me, And if it is viral there is a chance the file would never make through to the e-mail to begin with

don77

don77

Malware Expert

• Retired Staff
  • 18,526 posts
BTW
Here is a tutorial on using HJT Here

Thanks
Don

tickedoff

tickedoff

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Hi tickedoff,
I would recommend posting a HJT log in the Malware forum, You have been given this advise now by 3 staff members myself included,

In the passed week you have posted many topics relating to an issue that most of us believe is malware related,

Take the advise given here http://www.geekstogo..._Log-t2852.html

If you can't run any scan with Ad-aware or Spybot as stated in another post by you, download and run a scan with HJT and post it please,

We perfer to have you post your issue in the forums and not e-mailing members of the staff files to look at,

Cause I'll tell you I would never open a file e-mailed to me, And if it is viral there is a chance the file would never make through to the e-mail to begin with

View Post

sorry...i didn't know they were a member of the staff........ty....

Murray S.

Murray S.

Trusted Tech

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,513 posts
  • MVP
Howdy:

Then, I suggest you follow Don's advice and post the log using the tutorial he gave you..

Murray