Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

win32/heur

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

alvinn

alvinn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
this virus is in my computer how do i get rid of it without using my hammer

Advertisements

havredave

havredave

GeekU Moderator

• GeekU Moderator
  • 1,711 posts
Hi, welcome to GeeksToGo! I'm havredave, and I'll do my best to help you fix whatever it is that ails your computer.

Just a few things before we begin, to ease the process on both of us:
  • Please don't run any scanning or cleaning software without my direction, as it can make things worse and take longer in the long run.
  • Please be patient. A good cleaning can take quite a while, and usually involves many steps before it is complete. I may not post back quickly, because I often have to research issues or run ideas by my peers for a more thorough fix. Also, I'm currently still in training, so there may be a longer than normal pause between my posts as I get expert feedback and permission to post each fix.
  • You may wish to print out each instruction post in case you lose Internet connectivity (using safe mode, for example), so you can complete the fix.
  • If you have any question on any step, or if something doesn't work as described, please stop and ask before we proceed. Better safe than sorry!
  • Please paste your logs into your replies instead of attaching them. This makes it far easier to review. Feel free to use multiple replies if you need to.
  • Please stick with me until I let you know we're finished. Even if the machine is running better, it doesn't mean it's clean.

Please click here to download OTL by OldTimer.
  • Download OTL, save to Desktop or other convenient location.
  • OTL does not to be installed, simply click the OTL icon to run.
  • Please paste the information from the codebox below into OTL's Custom Scans/Fixes box.

netsvcs
    %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
    %USERPROFILE%\..|smtmp;true;true;true /FP
    /md5start
    explorer.exe
    winlogon.exe
    Userinit.exe
    svchost.exe
    volsnap.sys
    /md5stop
    %systemroot%\*. /mp /s
    hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs
    hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs
    CREATERESTOREPOINT

• Click the Quick Scan Button.

OTL will take a few minutes to generate a log, and then open it using Notepad.
Note: If OTL.exe will not run, it may be blocked by malware. Try these alternate versions: OTL.scr, or OTL.com. If OTL still won't run, see this topic.

Please paste (not attach) the OTL.txt and Extras.txt from OTL into your next reply.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.