Posted 01 July 2011 - 09:08 AM
Posted 01 July 2011 - 12:42 PM
Just a few things before we begin, to ease the process on both of us:
- Please don't run any scanning or cleaning software without my direction, as it can make things worse and take longer in the long run.
- Please be patient. A good cleaning can take quite a while, and usually involves many steps before it is complete. I may not post back quickly, because I often have to research issues or run ideas by my peers for a more thorough fix. Also, I'm currently still in training, so there may be a longer than normal pause between my posts as I get expert feedback and permission to post each fix.
- You may wish to print out each instruction post in case you lose Internet connectivity (using safe mode, for example), so you can complete the fix.
- If you have any question on any step, or if something doesn't work as described, please stop and ask before we proceed. Better safe than sorry!
- Please paste your logs into your replies instead of attaching them. This makes it far easier to review. Feel free to use multiple replies if you need to.
- Please stick with me until I let you know we're finished. Even if the machine is running better, it doesn't mean it's clean.
Please click here to download OTL by OldTimer.
- Download OTL, save to Desktop or other convenient location.
- OTL does not to be installed, simply click the OTL icon to run.
- Please paste the information from the codebox below into OTL's Custom Scans/Fixes box.
netsvcs %SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe %USERPROFILE%\..|smtmp;true;true;true /FP /md5start explorer.exe winlogon.exe Userinit.exe svchost.exe volsnap.sys /md5stop %systemroot%\*. /mp /s hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /rs hklm\software\clients\startmenuinternet|command /64 /rs CREATERESTOREPOINT
- Click the Quick Scan Button.
OTL will take a few minutes to generate a log, and then open it using Notepad.
Note: If OTL.exe will not run, it may be blocked by malware. Try these alternate versions: OTL.scr, or OTL.com. If OTL still won't run, see this topic.
Please paste (not attach) the OTL.txt and Extras.txt from OTL into your next reply.
Posted 07 July 2011 - 02:57 PM
If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users