Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Router issue: Wireless connection works, direct connection does not.

• Please log in to reply

njay

njay

• PipPip
  • 63 posts
Hi all,

I have a strange issue with my connection.

I usually connect my PC to the internet through my Linksys router, directly via a cable. This connection is currently down. There has been no change in settings, as far as I'm aware, but the connection is shared with other tenants.

The odd thing is that all the wireless devices work just fine. And, of course, my PC also connects to the internet when I plug the cable from outside directly into my PC.

So, what could be the issue between my router and my PC? Is this necessarily a hardware issue (e.g. the cable between my router and PC being broken -- edit: it isn't the cable. Other one doesn't work either)?

Thanks for your help!
nj

Edited by njay, 01 July 2011 - 03:25 PM.

Advertisements

njay

njay

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 63 posts
Problem miraculously solved itself the next day, but keeps returning every now and then (like now).

Does anyone have even the faintest idea what this could be?