Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Windows not booting up.

• Please log in to reply

Nooooodlez

Nooooodlez

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I booted up my Toshiba laptop this morning and it worked fine for a while. It started up, allowed me to log in, automatically loaded up Skype, and a few other programs that it always did. I then went to open FireFox, and found that this made my entire laptop freeze. I didn't really think anything big of it, until it came up with a message that 'the application' was not responding - not letting me see what application it was on about. So I told it to end the application, and Windows then did so, but also removed the start bar at the bottom of the screen, and all the icons on my desktop, leaving me with only my desktop background and a mouse on the screen. I attempted 'Alt + Ctrl + Delete', but it did nothing whatsoever. I then went on to holding the power button down for five seconds, seeing no other way to get around it.

I left it for a couple of minutes before starting it up again. I managed to log in, but all the screen showed was the background and the mouse once again, and therefore I had to shut down the computer the same way as before.

Once again, I left it for a while before re-starting the computer, this time starting it up in safe mode. I managed to log on, and the screen showed everything it was supposed to, but it didn't take it long to freeze and crash once again whilst I was trying to find a solution.

The time I tried to start it up after that, it loaded the menu, asking if I'd like to go into safe mode, so I did that again. This time I found it instantly went to a black screen, only showing the mouse that I was able to move. Apart from that it didn't do anything though. I left it for an hour to see if it was loading anything, but nothing.

I've tried running an AVG rescue disk on it, and indeed it came up with a couple of viruses. I managed to remove them, but the laptop still will not load.

Is there any solution to this?

Advertisements

Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,237 posts
I am sorry you have waited sometime for a reply.
This sometimes happens due to the vast number of post on the site.
In view of the events and the results of the rescue disk there is only one course of action to reommend to you
Follow CAREFULLY please the advice in this link.
http://www.geekstogo...cleaning-guide/
If you do post in the Malware forum, please be patient, as they are very busy.
If you cannot post the required logs please explain this in YOUR post.