Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

noob need help on detecting and killing what virus/malware infect me [

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Tazeris

Tazeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
a bit slow, can we start searching for the bad sector yet, while waiting for sp 3 xp?

oh happy new year btw sir :happy:

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Yep lets run a disc check whilst we are waiting

Step One: Open "My Computer", RIGHT click on the C drive icon, choose "Properties".

Step Two: When that loads, click on the "Tools" tab, then click on the "Check Now" button in the "Error Checking" section.

Step Three: When that little window loads, place a CHECK in BOTH boxes, then click on "Start Now".

Step Four: A message will pop up saying that Error Checking will run after you restart the computer, so......Restart the computer.

Error Checking will run automatically after the restart and it locks you out from doing anything until it's finished. It takes a little time to perform the task but after it's finished, it will restart into Windows automatically.

Tazeris

Tazeris

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
I don't know what happened, but after I finished the process my computer runs very slow..

I can't even move my mouse properly, my computer works like I am in the middle of 3D rendering something..

I ll try to restart again, and for the xp sp 3 my friend still searching the CD (I can't push him so I ll just wait)

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Follow up now with a disc defragmentation run

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.