Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

BSOD's of all kinds

• Please log in to reply

kazuku65

kazuku65

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello all, I just had this system built about 3 months ago and about 1 month ago i get constant blue screens of all kinds, I have pasted the 3 most recent dumps, but there are pages and pages even for the last 3 days. Please help as I do not want to send in my computer.

==================================================
Dump File : 070311-16442-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/3/2011 12:34:55 AM
Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ġ⒠
Caused By Address : ġ⒠+89509
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address :
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\070311-16442-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 262,144

Dump File : 070311-16598-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/3/2011 12:29:28 AM
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x00000050
Parameter 1 : fffff880`0cc8a0cb
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000001
Parameter 3 : fffff880`04c8a0b5
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000002
Caused By Driver : Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
Caused By Address : Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000+1
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Crash Address :
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\070311-16598-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 262,144

Dump File : 070311-17206-01.dmp
Crash Time : 7/3/2011 12:02:02 AM
Bug Check String : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x000000d1
Parameter 1 : ffffffff`ffffff91
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : fffff880`01777a80
Caused By Driver : tcpip.sys
Caused By Address : tcpip.sys+78a80
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\070311-17206-01.dmp
Dump File Size : 275,840

Advertisements

SRX660

SRX660

motto - Just get-er-done

• Technician
  • 4,345 posts
As most of these type's of error's are usually caused by bad memory modules, that is the first thing i would replace or have tested in another computer. If you continue to get error's, i would then try reinstalling windows just to see if a bad driver is causing part of the problem. After that the motherboard would be the next suspect for me.

SRX660

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Testing RAM in another computer is a good idea, IF you know for a fact the RAM is compatible with the second motherboard. But at this point, though we can assume it is a PC, we don't know for sure, nor do we know if the RAM is DDR2 or DDR3. If you are not 200% sure the RAM is compatible, then I would caution against testing it in another system. Instead, I might try one stick at a time in this machine, rather than another machine, unless again, I was 200% sure it was compatible. And of course, always observe good ESD precautions to avoid damage from static discharges. However, to avoid potential damage from physical handling, I might suggest testing your RAM via software first. See my canned text below for that.

I am afraid I have to also disagree with my colleague's suggestion to reinstall Windows at this point. It is way too early in the troubleshooting process. That should always be a last resort option as it will set you months behind, and in some cases years behind in security updates. Plus, you will lose all your data, all your downloaded programs, including your security programs, all your photos, all your network settings, email, contacts. Everything! I would certainly try to verify my drivers (look in Device Manager for errors) or use Driver Verifier before thinking of a reinstall. And I would try a "repair install" first too. Another problem with reinstalling is if it fixes the problem, you don't know what actually was wrong and most important, what to do, or not to do to prevent recurrence.

Have you made any other recent HW changes? A quick Google search of your first error (KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x0000001e) showed how simply entering the BIOS Setup Menu and, without changing anything, ensuring you hit "Save" and Exit resolved the issue for some. Some information about the computer hardware would be good. At this point, we don't even know what version of Windows you are using. :)

What are your temps?

You can test RAM using one of the following programs. Both require you to create and boot to a bootable floppy disk or CD to run the diagnostics. Allow the diagnostics to run for several passes or even overnight. You should have no reported errors.

Windows Memory Diagnostic - see the easy to follow instructions under Quick Start Information,
or
MemTest86+ (for more advanced users) - an excellent how-to guide is available here,
or
Windows 7 users can use the built in Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool.

Alternatively, you could install a single RAM module and try running with that to see if it fails. Repeat process with remaining modules, hopefully identifying the bad stick through a process of elimination.

Finally, you say you had this system built - by who? If by a reputable shop, take it back, or at least contact them to get on record you are having problems. The shop (if reputable) should provide at least 1 year warranty support for the hardware. And if they installed an OEM/System builders license, they are required to provide 1 year support for Windows.

kazuku65

kazuku65

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
These are the 3rd set of RAM sticks I've gone through, and I'm sure they're compatible as I ordered them straight from the Motherboard manual. http://www.newegg.co...N82E16820145262 is the link to the current ones. I have already reformatted the whole HDD as well thinking that was the problem. I'm running windows 7 and i put my comp specs somewhere when i signed up, new to these forums sorry :), I also did run the windows memory check with no errors. This system was built by ibuypower.com Is it possible that the auto OC tool on this thing is roasting my RAM sticks? Temps are also showing no problem.

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Processor 3.20 GHz
8 Gigs of RAM
64 Bit Operating System
XFX Radeon HD 6850 Graphics Card
500 Gig HDD
ASUS M4A87TD EVO Motherboard
Killer 2100 Network Card

Edited by kazuku65, 03 July 2011 - 09:06 AM.

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP

Is it possible that the auto OC tool on this thing is roasting my RAM sticks?

Any time you overclock, there is the chance of frying something. I am not a fan of overclocking as too often the extra cooling requirements overclocking creates is not addressed.

For sure, you should stop overclocking until this is resolved.

Buying RAM from the motherboard manual is a great idea. For future reference, visit the motherboard's webpage as most makers include a QVL - qualified vendors list - of CPUs and RAM they have tested with that specific board. It will be a more extensive list than the one in the manual, offering you more options.

Your computer specs can be found on your profile page. We cannot assume the computer listed is the one in question as most users have more than one computer, or may be helping a friend or relative. So thanks for verifying. That said, it looks like your specs got a bit scrambled.

Since you have formatted and reinstalled, and have swapped RAM, I would, as mentioned, stop overclocking first. If still having problems, especially when there is an assortment of odd HW related issues, I always look at power. If me, I would swap in a known good PSU of adequate power and see what happens. What PSU do you have in there?

If normal clocking, different RAM, good cooling, a reinstall and a good PSU does not fix the problem, then I agree with SRX660 and the motherboard would be my next suspect.

kazuku65

kazuku65

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I've tuned the OC tool to exactly what the RAM specs are so no OC should occur, crossing fingers and knocking on wood but nothing has happened...yet