Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Speakers not working

• Please log in to reply

agne

agne

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Speakers are working but the Microphone is not working.

I have Lenovo Series: 3000 J115, Machine type: 7387, Model: 26U, Think Center. Lenovo do not have updated sound drivers for Win.7 ultimate 64bit. I googled for drivers & I keep getting sites where I have to pay to update drivers.

I think the drivers need to be updated. Lenovo does not have the updated sound drivers for Win 7, so they told me to update with Vista drivers which I did. The speakers started working but the microphone is not working.

This is what the Sound Device showed in the Recording tab: Microphone: currently unavailable, CD Player: currently unavailable, Line In: Ready, Mono-Out: currently unavailable, Stereo Mix: currently unavailable.

How can I get free Sound drivers.

Thanks

Advertisements

noknojon

noknojon

• PipPipPip
  • 531 posts
http://forums.lenovo.com/
Hi -
The link above is to the Lenovo forum , this may be a better guide for specific problems.
I looked there and they seem to know the ways to get drivers a bit better than we might.

From a quick Google (like you may have done) I can't find these updates yet.
Always use the specific Lenovo drivers and they should be able to give you more direct help.

As a quick idea, you can always uninstall your drivers and then reinstall them with similar ones. Works sometimes.

Thank You

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hello agne: :)

Just to add another workaround besides noknojon's suggestion - just download drivers from motherboard manufacturer Website. I have Lenevo ThinkEdge with Win7 64-bit for which I have downloaded drivers from Intel (being motherboard manufacturer) and all of them are working fine