Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Rate My Temporary pc

• Please log in to reply

Mr.Wangs

Mr.Wangs

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Looking to see if this pc is worth getting. Im only going to use it for 2-3 years until i save up for a $2000 computer. Im willing to upgrade this pc since i will be using it for a "long" period of time. (note the pc is custom made, and i will have no possible way of changing the hardware before purchasing it, and it is used) The specs are:

AMD 2.2GHz Dual Core
Dedicated AMD HD5670 512MB IceQ Video Card
4GB Ram
1TB Hard Drive
Windows 7 64 bit
cd/dvd

(Case)https://h10025.www1....s/c02694287.jpg

Im only spending $300 on it? Is this worth my time and money? Does this pc have potential to be a "great" pc?
As i said before i am willing to upgrade the hardware, if i decide to upgrade it what would be good parts i could use?

System Rating:
Processor: 5.0
Ram: 6.0
Graphics: 7.0
Gaming Graphics: 7.0
Primary Hard Disk: 5.7

Edited by Mr.Wangs, 04 July 2011 - 02:01 AM.

Advertisements

Digerati

Digerati

Grumpy Ol' MSgt (Ret.)

• Retired Staff
  • 3,999 posts
  • MVP
Great for what?

Without knowing the specifics of the motherboard, we have no way of knowing its expansion capabilities. For example, if it will take an additional 4Gb of RAM or a more powerful and recent CPU.

Also, we know nothing of the power supply, or if it can support more RAM or a beefier graphics card.

As far as the case - you can't tell much from the front. I would rather have an Antec or another brand name case that I know supports multiple large (120mm or larger) case fans and has a removable, washable air filter.