Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

IE not loading any css stylesheets

• Please log in to reply

bradnyk

bradnyk

• Pip
  • 4 posts
Hi there,

I have what seems to be a very unusual problem. Internet Explorer will not load any stylesheets, so all web sites I visit just display in plain text without any formatting. This happened yesterday after I upgraded to IE9 through Windows Update. I then uninstalled IE9, and am back to IE8, but the stylesheets still don't load. They were loading fine in IE8 before this "upgrade." Everything works fine in Firefox.

I've tried everything I can think of. I did a System Restore to yesterday morning (when it was working fine), but that didn't help. I've tried running IE without add-ons, a clean boot, 64-bit and 32-bit, turning off antivirus/malware, but nothing seems to help.

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit.

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Brad

Edited by bradnyk, 04 July 2011 - 03:07 AM.

Advertisements

DonnaB

DonnaB

Miss Congeniality

• GeekU Moderator
  • 8,529 posts
Hi bradnyk,

Try restoring the settings via Tools > Advanced tab > Restore advanced settings

If that doesn't work try restoring to default settings via Tools > Advanced tab > Reset button found under Reset Internet Explorer settings just under the above option.

Let us know what happens or if it helps.

Donna :)