Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Graphics card overheating?

• Please log in to reply

kate0558

kate0558

• PipPip
  • 25 posts
Ok so basically my computer screens will go black after using for like 15 minutes. Its not the screen cus i got dual monitors hooked up. The tower itself stays on... lights are all on, fans spinning...

I took the side of the computer off and stuck an external house fan right next to it and itll stay on longer... i think the record is maybe an hour tops but its slowly gotten worse.

I have a Saphire ATI Radeon HD 4650 1gb DDR2 in there as an upgrade that i did about a year ago.

Idk what else it would be besides the graphics card. the on board graphics card already went on this pc cus screen wouldn't turn on until i switched plugs and plugged monitors into the add on 1gb card. worked great for 6 months or so but now thats turning off too.

Advertisements