Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Random Pc Freezes & Reboots, Now No Boot Or Image

• Please log in to reply

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
Could have just been a glitch. Try it all day and then let us know tomorrow. :)

Advertisements

superstar

superstar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 718 posts
I've been using it for a few more days. Turning it on/off, and I'm glad to report that no issues have occurred. Do you still think the initial problem was the Power button, dust [barely any], or possible strain on the motherboard that was fixed by reseating the entire thing? I'd just like to know what to look out for in case this ever happens again. If it was a motherboard issue believe me I hate to take the thing apart. I own an acrylic pc case that is completely see through. & takes about 10 hours to dismantle just to the point where you can take the motherboard out.

Thanks for all your previous support guys! Kudos to you all...

rshaffer61

rshaffer61

• 34,114 posts
I would say the main culprit was the power switch and the reseating of the mobo may have helped out also.
At this point I myself would say the power switch caused the issue initially. I am glad you have not had any other issues since replacement of the power switch.
If there are no further issues we can call this issue resolved. :)