Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't connect to the internet

• Please log in to reply

sikorsky 14

sikorsky 14

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello, I can't connect to the internet on my desktop computer and I'm not sure why, i tried to troubleshoot the problems but it just told me i need to plugin and ethernet cable and thought somethign is probably wrong with the one i already have plugged in so i replaced it with another one and got the same result (it said plugin an ethernet cable). I tried running a system restore and it failed for some reason so i tried running it again at a later date and said the same thing. I also restarted the computer in safe mode with networking and i could connect to the internet fine so i tried to connect in normal mode no results. I re-installed the network driver also no results, i tried resetting the modem no results. So im running out of ideas, someone please help me. I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with a Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller network adapter. Thanks.

Advertisements

sikorsky 14

sikorsky 14

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 18 posts
i eventually got it working (randomly actually)i don't know how it started working unfortunately i got a blue screen of death and the computer restarted and then reached the loading windows operating system screen then restarted and kept doing it until i hard shut down and then i turned it back on again and received the following error message: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.3.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 BCCode: a BCP1: FFFFFA7FFFFFFF18 BCP2: 0000000000000002 BCP3: 0000000000000001 BCP4: fffff80003302E71 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 3_0 Product: 256_1 Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\070511-38017-01.dmp C:\Users\Timothy\AppDat\Local\Temp\WER-55926-0.sysdata.xml so what does all this mean?