Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Internet Stops Working Plus Blue Screen Error

• Please log in to reply

sikorsky 14

sikorsky 14

• PipPip
  • 18 posts
Hello all, I am currently having issues with my internet connection with my desktop computer thats running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit with a Realtek PCIe GBE Family controller network adapter, the trouble shooter just tells me to plugin an ethernet cable which i already have plugged in and have also switched it to see if there is a problem with th current ethernet cable but i got the same results, it just wont connect and i have tried re-installing the network adapter (drivers)restarting the computer, running a system restore didnt help either as it keeps failing on every date i selec (its runs the system restore then reboots with an error message saying its has failed to restore). But one thing i did try that worked was rebooting the computer into Safe Mode with Networking it let me connect t the internet with my ethernet cable so there is something wrong with the computer. I have also posted this into the networking forums to see if they can help me with that problem but i also have another problem. Now i was eventually able to connect to the internet in normal mode and it was fine for about 4 hours until it BSoD on me and the computer kept restarting and restarting until eventually just hard shut down then start it back up again and it was fine and gave me another error message for the BSoD which was this: Problem Event Name: BlueScreen OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.3.0.256.1 Locale ID: 1033 BCCode: a BCP1: FFFFFA7FFFFFFF18 BCP2: 0000000000000002 BCP3: 0000000000000001 BCP4: fffff80003302E71 OS Version: 6_1_7601 Service Pack: 3_0 Product: 256_1 Files that help describe the problem: C:\Windows\Minidump\070511-38017-01.dmp C:\Users\Timothy\AppDat\Local\Temp\WER-55926-0.sysdata.xml so what does all this mean? thanks i hope you guys can help me.

Advertisements