Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Restore to Factory Settings without CD

• Please log in to reply

Ruckiz

Ruckiz

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Okay, i know this has been asked. But this just isn't working for me. I've tried ALT+f10, Ctrl +F11, Alt+F8, Ctrl+f8. I need to get to the screen where i can restore it. My computer has been acting up lately and is extremely choppy during game play. This is my gaming laptop and i dont have very valuable stuff thats on it, i dont mind wiping my memory.

Please help.
Ruck

Advertisements

Rediah

Rediah

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
Hi Ruckiz: :)

Please provide make and model details, someone will assist you soon

Ruckiz

Ruckiz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
Dell Inspirion 1546. :)

Ruckiz

Ruckiz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
64 Bit, AMD Turion™ X2 Dual-Core Mobile RM-75 2.20 GHz
4GB of Ram

peter99

peter99

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
Dell has designed two new backup and restore programs, see below for the details:
Dell Inspirons, Studios, and XPS Systems use DataSafe Local Backup 2.0 as the PC Restore/Factory Image Restore option as of April 22, 2009.
Click here if your computer is an Inspiron, Studio, or XPS

How To Restore or Reinstall Microsoft® Windows® on a Dell™ Computer
Table of Contents:

1. System Restore
2. PC Restore
3. Manual Reinstallation

http://support.euro....6&isLegacy=true

Restore the computer's software to original condition.

http://support.euro....6&isLegacy=true

Restoring the original factory image erases ALL existing data. This includes files, folders, programs, drivers, E-mails, photos. Before performing a PC Restore, back up all personal files. If you do not back up your personal files, the data will be lost.

Remove non-essential peripherals

1 Turn on the computer.

2 As the computer starts, press <F8> on the keyboard until the Advanced Boot Options menu appears on the screen.

Note
You must press <F8> before the Windows logo appears on the screen. If you press <F8> after the Windows logo appears on the screen, the Advanced Boot Options menu will not appear on the screen. If you do not see the Advanced Boot Options menu, restart the computer, and then repeat this step until you see the menu on the screen.

3 Press the <Down Arrow> on the keyboard to select Repair Your Computer on the Advanced Boot Options menu, and then press <Enter>.

4 Specify the language settings that you want, and then click Next.

5 Log in as a user who has administrative credentials, and then click OK.

6 Click Dell Factory Image Restore.

7 In the Dell Factory Image Restore window, click Next.

8 Click to select the Yes, reformat hard drive and restore system software to factory condition check box.

9 Click Next.
The computer is restored to the default factory configuration.

10 When the restore operation is completed, click Finish to restart the computer.
The software is now installed as it was when the computer was first received

Ruckiz

Ruckiz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
thank you so much. I will try it right now ,

Ruckiz

Ruckiz

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
It wont let me click next in the image restore. it says i need a installation CD

iAmXquisite

iAmXquisite

• PipPip
  • 90 posts

It wont let me click next in the image restore. it says i need a installation CD

You are just in luck I made a video for this not so long ago and posted it up on YouTube check it out: